• We would like to welcome our most recent addition to the Division of Nephrology, Dr. Rafia Chaudhry, who will be full time faculty at ZSFG. She was integral in developing the Nephrology Fellowship Program at her previous faculty position at Albany Medical College and is interested in vasculitis, medical education, and PD.
• We also welcome Gabriel Stelmack who is our new Fellowship Coordinator within the Nephrology Division. Prior to this position, he worked as a Research Services Coordinator within the UCSF Office of Sponsored Research facilitating NIH grant mechanisms beginning with pre-award through the award process.
• Congratulations to Debbie Gilman on being promoted from Administrative Assistant III to Administrative Officer II.
• Congratulations to Kim Gorcyca on being promoted from Administrative Assistant III to Financial Analyst II.
• We welcome back Salpi Siyahian, who will temporarily be helping out in the Nephrology Division office.
• Dr. Lowell Lo graduated from the 2018 Fall UCSF-Coro Faculty Leadership Collaborative.
• We bid farewell to Dr. Julie Ishida who left her position at SFVAMC to assume a position in industry.
• Dr. Lekha Tummalapalli wrote an article in AJKD on her experience in the dialysis unit as a Nephrology fellow: “Three Hours, Three Days a Week” [ePub 25 October 2018] https://doi.org/10.1053/j.ajkd.2018.08.018.
• Dr. Diana Kwong started on her own F32 (DK118870) titled “Identification of Sub-phenotypes in Sepsis Associated AKI.”
• Dr. Chris Carlos was promoted to Instructor in the Division of Nephrology starting
November 1, 2018.
• Dr. Anoop Sheshadri has published a first-author paper “Higher Physical Activity is
Associated with Less Fatigue and Insomnia Among Patients on Hemodialysis” Kidney Int Rep
[ePub 1 November 2018] https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ekir.2018.10.014
Accomplishments and Awards
• Dr. Sindhu Chandran has been invited to join the American Society of Transplantation
Research Network Clinical Scientific Review Committee for a 3-year term starting October
• Congrats to Dr. Delphine Tuot who successfully organized the National Kidney Foundation
50th Annual Medical Symposium held in Foster City, September 28, 2018.
Congratulations to all our award-winning faculty, fellows and staff.
For more news and updates, please follow us on Twitter @UCSFNephrology